Cosmetic Acupuncture and Facial Rejuvenation
Unlike harsh skin peels, Botox or other injections, Holistic Facial Rejuvenation is always much more than "just a cosmetic treatment". What makes it holistic? This approach treats the whole person, boosting beauty energy from within.
In addition to your skin, we also consider the health of your digestion, energy levels and how easily you cope with stress. In the TCM approach - this is known to all show up on the face!
Although each treatment is unique and customized to the individual, it may include:
- Facial Acupuncture
- Body Acupuncture
- Facial Gua Sha
- Facial Cupping
- Acupressure and/or Tui Na massage
- Scalp and neck massage
What can Facial Rejuvenation help with?
- Evening out skin tone, texture
- Improving appearance of fine lines
- Helping to lessen appearance of dark spots and sun damage
- Reducing appearance of acne
- Reducing appearance of rosacea
- Benefitting sagging skin on jaw line and neck
- Improving overall vitality and glow
How does Cosmetic Acupuncture work?
Facial Acupuncture addresses more than just beauty - each treatment also benefits overall physical and emotional health. In TCM, the skin and face reveal the secrets of internal health. Unlike superficial quick fixes, each treatment also works internally to optimize your whole body. This may mean better sleep, improved digestion or a more relaxed facial expression as you are feel stress slip away.
Non Needle Therapies
We offer a number of modalities in our facial rejuvenation treatments. These all work beautifully alongside facial acupuncture, or can be a completely needle-free treatment all on their own!
If you are not keen on acupuncture needles, rest assured there are non-needle methods to attain facial rejuvenation naturally.
Small glass or silicone cups gently glide over the skin, moving waste fluid towards the body's lymphatic system. Decrease the appearance of puffy skin and bring a fresh glow to the face.
Facial Gua Sha
Traditional gemstone massage to gently clear congestion, cool skin and aid blood and fluid circulation. We use high grade gemstone rollers and gua sha tools from Mount Lai.
Qi beauty™ is a unique facial treatment developed in Australia. Based on concepts of TCM, it utilizes the power of gauss specific 24ct gold magnets placed in a customized matrix on the face.
Facial Acupuncture is not the same concept as Botox or other temporary fillers. How is it better?
It is more than just a superficial treatment and works with the innate healing energy of the body. Unlike Botox, you will not get a "frozen" appearance, or be unable to move areas of the face. The aim is to naturally plump and smooth out skin using your own resources.
Note that acupuncture can help with issues that Botox does not cover - such as sun damage, acne or improving the texture and tone of skin. Cosmetic acupuncture treats all of the face and also takes into account physical pain, emotional health and stress. The idea is that if you are feeling better in your body - the face will also reflect that.
Each individual's situation is different, but it is recommended to have between 5-10 visits over 5-6 weeks in order to see lasting results. After your initial series, we recommend a monthly "maintenance" treatment to prolong the effect long term. Results can vary depending on many factors including health, age, lifestyle and condition of your skin.
Our protocol involves minimal needling with gentle techniques. Most clients do not feel any discomfort, and it is definitely not the same as getting cosmetic injections or chemical peels. For those who prefer to avoid needles completely, we offer effective options that are 100% needle-free.
Although facial acupuncture can be of great benefit to individuals at any age, there are some instances where it is not recommended.
Please inform your practitioner if any of the following applies, as facial acupuncture may not be a good fit if you are:
- experiencing vertigo
- have high blood pressure (unmedicated)
- have bleeding disorders such as hemophilia
- are on blood thinner medication
- have an acute herpes outbreak on the face or scalp
- currently have a cold, flu or sinus infection
- experience chronic migraines or headaches regularly
- have had Botox or other injectables in the past 4 months
- have had skin resurfacing in the past 4 weeks
- have had cosmetic surgery in past 6 months
It is also not recommended in the following scenarios:
- You are trying to conceive and have possible fertility issues. Although acupuncture can be helpful here it would be best to focus on utilizing it as a support for fertility first.
- You are a regular smoker. Due to the effects of smoke on the skin you will likely not see the results you are looking for. If/when you are ready to quit smoking acupuncture can support you with this first.
- Acupuncture is very safe during pregnancy for many health concerns. It is usually fine to have an occasional facial acupuncture treatment but we generally do not recommend getting an intensive series of facial treatments during this time.