Acupuncture for Women's Health
Are you looking for genuine relief from your symptoms? Although medications and conventional medicine have their place, they are also not the only options to help you find relief and heal. TCM treats a woman's hormonal health from a holistic perspective, and trusts her body's innate healing possibilities.
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine are profoundly suited to working with a wide range of women's health concerns, and have been used successfully for thousands of years. Restoring health and harmony is often possible, even for complex or long standing conditions.
Natural therapies for reproductive & menstrual health
Natural therapies to support fertility
- Trying to conceive > learn more about our FERTILITY approach
- Acupuncture to support you during your IUI or IVF cycle
Natural therapies during pregnancy and beyond
Acupuncture is safe during all stages of pregnancy and can be an important part of your all-natural health toolkit, when other more invasive methods or medications are not appropriate.
- Support for common issues that may occur in pregnancy: nausea (morning sickness), headaches, body aches, constipation, mood changes, anxiety, depression and more
- Breech baby position
- Preparing for an easier labour and delivery (including targeted acupuncture treatments to help if you are past your delivery due date, also known as "acupuncture labour induction")
- Postpartum support including issues that may present such as: breast feeding concerns, mastitis, body aches, c-section healing and scar recovery, mood and energy concerns
Natural therapies to support perimenopause & menopause
Unlike much of the western approach, TCM does not consider the natural changes that start in midlife to be a disease to be dealt with. Acupuncture and other therapies can successfully help with many of the new symptoms and signs that often present as part of the transition period before (and after) a woman's last period.
- Perimenopause or Menopause symptoms: hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, mood changes, weight gain, fatigue, libido changes and more
- Menstrual changes: heavy periods or irregular periods, cramps
- Hormonal migraines