Barbara Poczyniak, R.Ac, Registered Acupuncturist & Arvigo®Therapy Practitioner
Research about Acupuncture for Fertility
Acupuncture helps to reduce stress
- Stress is now being linked as a contributing factor in many cases of infertility.
- Studies have shown that Acupuncture can naturally help increase the release of endorphins – our “happy hormones”, while also helping reduce the over-production of cortisol – our “stress hormone”.
- Acupuncture treatments are relaxing, restful times for your body and mind to regenerate.
Acupuncture helps to improve blood flow
- Research shows that Acupuncture can help improve blood flow by dilating blood vessels and increasing the blood and oxygen flow in our bodies.
- Bringing nourishing blood to the organs, tissues and glands of the body restores and allows them to function optimally.
- In Fertility Acupuncture protocols the focus is on improving general circulation, but also specifically blood flow to the reproductive organs.
Acupuncture helps balance your neuro-endocrine system
- Acupuncture is thought to benefit hormonal health by improving the communication between your endocrine and reproductive systems.
Where to find Acupuncture for Fertility in Toronto
While each practitioner has their own strengths and scope of training, it is important to know that fertility-focused acupuncture is a wholistic approach based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine. When choosing your provider, it is important to ask about their scope of practice and level of training in Acupuncture for Fertility.
Tel Aviv University Study (2012)
Infertility To Pregnancy With Acupuncture & Herbs